The Lawn and Landscaping Watering Policy has been in effect for several years but was never enforced. Why enforce the policy now?
As the population of the District has grown so has the demand on our water system; especially during the summer months. The demand on our wells was at an all-time high in the Summer of 2021 and several new residences have been built since then which will increase the demand even more. To reduce the peak demands on our system and extend the life of our wells; the District must start enforcing this policy.
The Water Conservation Plan outlines the Lawn and Landscaping Watering Policy for the district is in effect from May 1st through September 30th.
- Even numbered addresses may water lawns and landscaping only on Tuesday,
Thursday, and Saturday.
- Odd numbered addresses may water lawns and landscaping only on Wednesday,
Friday, and Sunday.
- Watering lawns or landscaping is not allowed on Monday.
- If the property owner waters the lawn and landscaping only with a rain water
reclamation system or the owner’s private sand point well, and does not use the District’s water system, the owner is exempt from these rules and regulations.
- Homeowners that have planted a new lawn from seed or have planted new sod are exempt for 30 days from the date of planting.
Residents violating the Lawn and Landscaping Watering Policy are subject to the following enforcement actions:
- 1st violation: written warning.
- 2nd violation: $50.00 Water Service Fee applied to the next month’s water bill.
- 3rd and subsequent violations: a $100.00 Water Service Fee applied to the next month’s water bill, unless it is determined by the Board of Trustees that the violations warrant notice of shut off for further violations and there is a further violation, in which event water service will be shut off.
Please refer to the to the Water and Sanitary Sever System Rules and Regulations to review the complete policy.